I recieved a nice little tip from Joe Hansen today. Hopefully I wont muck it up too bad trying to pass it on. :)

I recieved a nice little tip from Joe Hansen today. Hopefully I wont muck it up too bad trying to pass it on. :) 

His advise was to conserve L4 resonators as much as possible. The reason being, from L6 on, you will need four L4 resonators for every portal. So as I understand it, if you want to claim a portal that is unclaimed, it will take four L4 resonators before the portal will be powered (Correct my understand if I am wrong Joe). 

Something else I was unaware of that I will include in this tip, is that portal levels are based on an average rounded down. So, a portal with two L6 resonators, two L5's, two L3's & two L2's = L4 Portal (2x6 + 2x5 + 2x3 + 2x2 = 32/8 = 4).

When you couple the two tips together, you see how you can avoid burning through your L4 resonators while still powering the portal up to an L4 portal. 

*Updated* per Joe's clarification.

Comments

  1. Mostly correct. The only change is that you can only put 2 of each L5-L8 on a portal, and 4 level 4-1s. So for higher 5-7 level portals, you could end up putting lots of 4s out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can actually only put a single 7 and a single 8 on portals. the rest is correct though

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Tim Gradl I had planned to come back later with that tip too & got pulled away.

    Is it a single 7 and single 8 in addition to the L4 requirement? Another wards the four L4 requirement is correct as is the L7 and L8 limitation? I realize four L4 are not required if only dropping a single L7 or L8 as power source.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Question: Is there a shield/mod that prevents a portal from decaying?